Perfectly timed to coincide with a peak in frustration with EU red tape, the European Commission has just published its
plan to ruin everyone's summer consultation on the 'fitness' of six consumer directives, and is also busy reviewing a seventh (the Consumer Rights Directive):
- Unfair Contract Terms Directive 93/13/EEC;
- Consumer Sales and Guarantees Directive 1999/44/EC;
- Unfair Commercial Practices Directive 2005/29/EC;
- Price Indication Directive 98/6/EC;
- Misleading and Comparative Advertising Directive 2006/114/EC;
- Injunctions Directive 2009/22/EC.
Try to avoid falling asleep in the sun!
Will this result in less red tape? I could hazard a guess, but we won't really know until it's too late. The Commission reports its findings in mid-2017.